f3 has been at the forefront of the local food movement since it was established in 1999. f3 is a co-operative CIC of leading advisors and practitioners in this field, working with local government and agencies, businesses, and community groups on over 300 projects.
We offer expert facilitation from strategic planning and policy development, through to detailed feasibility studies and action plans.
The three pilot partnerships who used the Toolkit, all found it critical to use skilled facilitators to help to guide and assist the planning process. This was provided by f3, whose advisors have been working in this field for over 15 years.
Key stages in facilitation are to:
- establish a strategic Local Food Forum – with representatives from many sectors and the resources and capacity to develop and deliver projects
- bring together diverse stakeholders – encouraging farmers, ethnic minorities, deprived communities, disabled and young people to get actively involved
- consult diverse interest groups including farmers, ethnic minority groups, deprived communities, young people
- create new and self sustaining partnerships – empowered to take action through collaborative and democratic means
- prepare a sustainable local food strategy and action plan – to initiate improvements to the local economy, environment, community and health
- widen understanding – of the benefits of a localised food system – and increase awareness of issues facing practitioners engaged with developing an integrated sustainable local food system
- pilot supply chain collaboration with producers, wholesalers and retailers
- create a wider understanding of the benefits of local and healthy food working with local authorities
- help define a vision for localizing food economies at a regional scale
Please contact us to see how we can help you.